Take Your Rubber Chicken To Work Week starts now and ends March 30th. Yes, we know that isn't really a week. Heck, it's not even a fortnight. We just want to give you plenty of time to find a job (or borrow a friend's job) and come up with an entry. Really. Plenty of time.
Ready to go? Just a few simple rules:
- Go to work, and take your rubber chicken with you. (This seems obvious, doesn't it?)
- The rubber chicken(s) (you may take more than one) must be made of some rubber-like compound (does it stretch a little? bingo!) and must look like a chicken (absolutely no *%#&@! duckies!) It does not have to be a Twisted Oak Original Recipe Rubber Chicken.
- Take pictures or video of your rubber chicken at work. Pro tip: One good picture is more likely to win than 50 average pictures. Please just send your best. (We also reserve the right to select a few of your many for the voting.) Another hint: FOCUS!
- Send us your high resolution photo(s) or video (email email@example.com), or post them up someplace and send us an email telling us where they are. (Hint: if you post them, make sure they are publicly accessible! You may even choose to post them on the wall of the Twisted Oak Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/twistedoak)
- You have until March 30th to send us your entry. We will acknowledge your entry. If you don't hear back from us in a day or two, panic.
- Fabulous prizes will be awarded as compensation for the best photos and videos submitted. The Twisted Judges will select a number of semifinalists, and a winner will be chosen by public vote. If there is a tie in the final voting the winner will be chosen by Twisted Oak Winery staff. Hey, it could happen.
- Submissions will be judged for humor, originality, humor, creativity, humor, and technique. Did we mention humor?
- You must be 21 years or older to enter.
- By sending your photos or videos to Twisted Oak, you agree to let us publish them on our various and sundry web sites and publish them in any printed matter. We don't expect this permission to be exclusive, and we can't and won't transfer that permission to anyone else without asking you first. And when we do publish your photos and/or videos, we will always give you full credit. That's forever.
- Twisted Oak Winery reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not meet the spirit of the event, is a no-no where you live, or does not follow the rules. We also reserve the right to disqualify any votes that are determined to constitute ballot stuffing. Play nice!
- Twisted Oak Winery is not responsible for any loss of employment that may result from your efforts. However, Twisted Oak Winery is also not responsible for any promotions or pay raises you might receive. That's all yours, baby!
And the prizes? All qualified entries will receive a $10 MasterCluck gift card, which can be used to order wine online at twistedoak.com. Finalists will receive a $75 MasterCluck gift card, and the winning entry will receive a $250 MasterCluck gift card!Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
(2010 winning photo by Liz Pope, USAF)